Onimim Ernestina Briggs Jacks (sometimes erroneously spelt Jack) is a lawyer serving since June 2015 as the Rivers State Commissioner of Agriculture in Nigeria.
Jacks attended Federal Government College, Port Harcourt as a teenager and holds a master’s degree in law.
She has received several honors and awards which includes
- Member, Governing Council of the Federal Government College, Port Harcourt
- Fellow, FIDA
- Fellow, Ashoka
Mrs Jacks is also a writer and some works published by her include:
- Using ADR in resolving maritime disputes: a Nigerian perspective, Volume 1, Number 1, Port Harcourt Bar Journal, December 2004
- Women’s Rights under the Nigerian Criminal Law, a monograph. 2003
- Genderizing the 1999 Constitution, accepted for publication, Journal of Public Law, RSUST Vol. 2 2003
- Case Review; State vs. Cornelius Obasi (1998) 9 NWLR, (part 567) 686, the Nigerian Law and Practice Journal of the Council of Legal Education,
- The Problems of the Niger Delta as a Human Rights Issue, a paper presented at the conference on the Niger Delta at Port Harcourt, 6-9 December, 2000.
- The Legal Regime of the Local Government System in Nigeria, University of Calabar Law Journal, 2001.